Saturday, February 1, 2014

DESK/HW ORGANIZATION

Today I will share with you my basic desk, schoolwork organization and homework routine. First: LOTS of pics.

^ I use a monthly desk pad calendar just to give myself an overview of what's to come. I also use a daily planner (that I keep in my school bag) to record more appointments/specifics of assignments. I found a daily planner from Mixed Role Productions  at The Chalkboard in Lombard that I LOVE. Rather than a traditional January- January calendar, this one begins in August (beginning of my school year) and ends the following August. It's really designed for teachers but I love it. 

^ Every Sunday I make a short "To Do" list, usually bullet points. Anything I don't get done I just move to later in the week. My friends often make fun of me for some of the things I write down, "breath today! eat breakfast! sleep 7 hrs!" ha.

^ I color code both of my calendars. RED= important due dates, test, quizzes, etc. BLACK= general HW assignments. PURPLE= personal appointments/parties/work/ etc. (I have yet to fill in most of the month of February...)

^ Shelf above my desk... just to make things prettier. I feel like fresh flowers make any room more inviting!

^ Gotta keep all wedding things somewhere. My dad bought me 'Real Simple Weddings' and a subscription to Real Simple Mag. for Christmas! I'm sure they're be LOTS of organizational tips in those issues.

^ Because I have a laptop I don't use the pull-out keyboard shelf for a keyboard so I keep monthly receipts, bills, bank statements and checkbook here. I think it's VERY easy to let mail and papers pile up so I try to clean it out every month and put the important things in my file cabinet and shred the junk....this is definitely the most boring part of my desk. 

^ Second shelf down in my bookcase holds all school related textbooks and novels.

^ And a few fun things, too!

^ On the second to last shelf I keep my cookbooks and literary magazines and on the last, records.

Organization is KEY for me when doing homework and keeping track of due dates. Because most papers are turned in online nowadays it's so important to keep track of what time assignments need to be turned in, etc. I do some HW during the week, typically in the morning in the library before school. I have about an hour commute with traffic so I try to leave as early as possible to cut that down and use the extra time before class for HW or study time. But, for the most part I spend HOURS (11-4 or 5) on Sunday reading materials for the week, doing research, completing assignments because it makes the week much less stressful.

Next up this week: How I organize my closet.


No comments:

Post a Comment