Monday, November 4, 2013

WEDDING BINDER






I have begun the wedding binder! I am a binder girl without a doubt... I use them for everything! For me, keeping track of everything here will be exciting; for Kenny, keeping track of budget info/ financial planning is exciting and fun for him AND definitely one of his strengths.

Here is what I have done:

- I purchased a binder, card stock and stickers at Michael's craft supply store to make a fun cover.
- I tried to categorize the 15 most important aspects for our wedding... this included combining a few (hair/make-up, photo/video, master checklist/budget sheets).
- Because the Index is the first page and will get referenced/flipped the most I put it in a sheet protector.
- Printed out the most AMAZING and comprehensive wedding checklist/budget sheets out there from Russell and Hazel. *Warning: if pages and pages of to-do lists stress you out then I suggest browsing Pinterest for other checklists out there. PLENTY to chose from!*
- I included "Guest List" because in that tab I will insert a print out of the final count to help with making a seating chart; however, I am using Excel to keep track of everyones addresses/if invites have been sent/menu selections, etc. For me, doing that  part on paper would be entirely too messy.
- While the last tab is "Honeymoon" I will probably have a much smaller folder to bring with us containing airline reservations, hotel info., transportation, etc.

Just like each and every wedding and marriage is unique, I'm sure your planning process will be as well! This is what works for me and that is what's key....to find what WORKS for YOU! Hopefully this will give some insight to bride-to-bes! Single ladies you can bookmark this as it may be of help to you in the future! ;)

EDIT Jan 22nd: Another resource you can use... friends and family! Think about weddings you've been to recently and if you feel comfortable asking them for tips and pointers, questions regarding a specific venue, suggestions for different vendors and so on. I've been to five weddings in the past year and a half - ish and only two of them were in the Chicago area so I'd be more inclined to ask those newlyweds any questions. I also am one of THREE in one of my Education classes engaged- to -be- married this year. So sometimes the three of us will share tips. Be VERY careful when talking budget... some people might be open with it or say something like, "We loved our photographer, his prices were reasonable and fit our price range, here is a link to his website" but never ask how much they spent. Someone I don't know too well asked me what our total budget was but I think it's because we are younger than most people who get married in the area and they were surprised we had any money at all, nonetheless a pretty uncomfortable conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment